• Home Page
  • UFO Topics
  • UFO Photos
  • UFO Cases
  • Sighting Reports
  • Report a Sighting

UFO Sighting Report




Sungai Siput, Malaysia


UFO taking off and then flying at incredible speed

Date Reported:

1/2/2011 9:23:39 AM

Sighting Time: 




No. of Witnesses: 

about 150 people


2 minutes

Appearance / Description of Object(s)

spherical. metallic, silver-grey.

Size of Object(s)

about the size of a weather baloon

Description of Area / Surroundings


Full Description & Details

I refer to the article by Ahmad Jamaludin, MUFON UFO Journal, No. 141, November 1979, entitled "Humanoid Encounters in Malaysia" and it brings to mind an encounter I experienced while attending the Methodist School Sungai Siput (4deg48min50.25secN, 101deg5min7secE) in 1979. I was in primary 3 at the time. What we saw that day had made an indelible impression in my mind, and I can recall the event with absolute clarity, even more than thirty years later. For everyone of us, there are events in our lives that leave a vivid memory in the mind that is as clear as if it occurred only yesterday; for me, this was one of those events. The whole event was witnessed by at least 150 students and teachers from my school and it created quite a stir at school in the following days and weeks. My sighting tallies with Mr Jamaludin's account of students seeing miniature aliens in Malaysia in 1979, which I distinctly remember hearing about in the newspapers about three days after our sighting. The craft that we saw would have been one of a suitable size for the miniature aliens in Mr Jamaludin’s accounts.

I am convinced that what I saw that day a UFO; a space-craft; not one of ours. I am an engineer by training, and have a strong background in the sciences. I can attest that what I saw on that faithful day in 1979 was not something of this world. The technology we witnessed was hundreds, perhaps thousands, of years ahead of human technology.

The incident I refer to occurred in the morning, about quarter hour before class commenced. I was on the third floor balcony of my classroom block, talking with my friends when we were interrupted by a commotion on the ground floor. We turned our attention to the source of the commotion, only to see students pointing in excitement towards the north-west direction (I confirmed the directions on Goolge Earth), towards a small clearing not more than 200 metres from where we were, and at lower elevation. It was at the edge of the school compound, next to some duck ponds. Immediately behind the ponds was a Malay kampung, screened by lush tropical trees, including coconut trees, which gave us a reference for the size of the craft. Set against the backdrop of lush green foliage on a clear day, the sphere stood out brilliantly, illuminated by the early morning sun to our rear, as it began its climb into the sky. We had a clear view of the craft throughout the whole episode. There was no mistaking what we saw.

As we directed our gaze in the direction of the craft, we saw that it was a solid, silvery-grey, metallic like sphere in the process of taking-off (lift-off). By the time I (and my friends) cast my eyes on it, it was probably about a metre off the ground and lazily climbing into the air on deliberate flight path. The object was the size of a weather balloon, but it was no weather balloon. Its climb took a well defined path, unlike weather balloons that seem to dance erratically, buffeted by changing air-currents as they climb.

What further differentiated it from a weather balloon was that the craft seemed to have its own propulsion system thrusting high pressure air to its rear as it flew. The air that was propelled by the craft was clearly visible because it left light contrails as it entered and exited the influence of the craft's propulsion system. The best, but by no means accurate, way to describe this is like smoke in a wind tunnel travelling over the top surface of an airplane’s wing during wind tunnel testing.

To us witnesses, the propulsion system appeared to be on the outside of the object, although we could not see any evidence of an engine. The propulsion on the craft system seemed to have the characteristics of a jet engine, except where in a jet engine the whole process of compressing gases for thrust occurs inside an engine casing, with this craft, the compression process seemed to occur on the outside of the craft; but what drove the propulsion system is a mystery to me as there was no visible indication of any moving parts. Whether it was some sort of electromagnetic or nuclear propulsion system, I can only speculate.

It was apparent that the propulsion system was very powerful. The craft appeared to thrust the air at a tremendous force. The force of thrust was sufficient to a create strong localised winds on the ground, blowing trees and shrubs in the localised area as if they were being caressed by a stiff breeze. The final thing that made the propulsion system stand-out in my memory was that it was silent; absolutely silent. Except for the faint sound of the trees rustling in the distance, there was no other sound emanating from it.

Once the craft had cleared the heights of the coconut trees it started to accelerate in its ascent. The craft rose to what must have been about a thousand feet, when small winglets seem to materialise. The craft then accelerated towards the East, towards the sun, at an incredible speed, continually climbing before disappearing into the horizon. No aircraft could fly as fast as that craft did, and it did not produce the characteristic sonic-boom. In its wake, it left all the witnesses bewildered.

After the incident we compared notes. Some of the students and teachers confirmed that they had seen the craft while it was landed, but could not make out any details. Shortly thereafter, they saw the craft hover, before commencing flight. The first I saw it when it was about one metre off the ground and already in flight.

I cannot explain why the craft had chosen to land in the vicinity of my school, in small-town Malaysia, of all places on the planet. The surroundings around my school may provide some clues. There had been a history of many extraordinary (I am reluctant to use the word “paranormal”) events, many of which have been witnessed by students and teachers, and even police and military personnel over the years, dating back from at least the second world war. We students had heard many of these stories long before the sighting took place. Also, there was speculation that the area itself had once been a tin mine. We don’t know this for sure, but what is clear is that the town of Sungai Siput lies on a belt of rich mineral deposits.

We did not report the incident at the time for two reasons. Firstly, it was unlikely that anyone would believe the incident, especially coming from a school in a small town in Malaysia. Secondly, there was a war between the Government and communist insurgents raging in the jungles surrounding the town. We were all aware that raising issues of UFOs in such a climate would only be an invitation for trouble.

Can sighting be explained as any conventional man-made or natural object?

definitely not man made

Witness Background

I am en electrical engineer by training. I have an MBA and currently pursuing a Law degree. I've worked as an engineer in some of the world's largest companies.

Views on UFOs, before and after sighting

Before sighting - not a skeptic. seen documentaries on tv and read reports in newspaper After sighting - not a skeptic. convinced that we are not the only intelligent lifeform in the universe

Reported Sighting? 


Your Location: 

Port Kennedy, Australia



login F