• Home Page
  • UFO Topics
  • UFO Photos
  • UFO Cases
  • Sighting Reports
  • Report a Sighting

UFO Case Report:

Abduction on the North Canol Road - Yukon, Canada

Date: September 3, 1987
Location: Yukon Territory, Canada

Witness saw cigar-shaped object of green color, with portholes along side of it, flying low. Soon after, 2 beings/creatures were seen briefly nearby on the ground, and then abduction experience followed. Scoop marks found on hands afterwards.

Graphic depicting UFO as it flew slowly from left to right. The photo is taken from the location where Kevin saw the UFO. The image of the UFO has been added to the photograph.

Kevin's drawing the UFO made in February 2001.

Kevin's drawing of the aliens he saw at the side of the road.

Scoop marks left on Kevin's hands after the incident. Photo taken in July 9, 2000, almost 13 years later.

Classification & Features

Type of Case/Report: StandardCase
Hynek Classification: CE4
Shape of Object(s): Disc
Special Features/Characteristics: Abduction, Humanoid/Occupant, Humming, Portholes/Windows, Physiological Effects, Witness Sketch

More Articles on this Case

Abduction on the North Canol Road - Yukon, Canada

Martin Jasek, M.Sc., P. Eng.

Full report, with numerous, excellent illustrations, including witness sketches.

Full Report / Article

Source: Martin Jasek, M.Sc., P. Eng.
[go to original source]

The North Canol Road is one of the most remote roads in Northern Canada


By Martin Jasek, M.Sc., P. Eng. (Investigator)

I first met Kevin on July 8, 2000 while attending a UFO conference in St. Paul, Alberta. I had just finished a presentation on Yukon UFO sightings when he approached me. He was very quiet and reserved and basically told me that he used to live in Ross River, Yukon and had heard and seen strange things up there. He proceeded to write down his contact information for me as the hustle and bustle of the conference prevented a personal conversation. The next day, as the conference was drawing to a close, Kevin approached me again. He said he was leaving now as he had a fairly lengthy drive home. But before he left, he wanted to show me something so that I would know what he was talking about when we later talked on the phone. He then showed me the palms of his hands. Wow, what he showed me certainly peaked my interest and he briefly stated some of the background. I'll leave it to the reader to read through "Kevin's Account" as not to take away from the incredible experience.

After the conference I returned to my home in Whitehorse and Kevin returned to his life in a small Alberta town. It was fortunate that with my work I was able to travel to many parts of the Yukon and at my earliest opportunity (Sept 12, 2000), I traveled up the North Canol Road. Prior to the trip, Kevin provided a detailed description of the location where his experience took place and narrowed it down to a 6 km stretch of road, west of a vacant RCMP trailer. I took photographs of five locations along this stretch that would potentially match Kevin's description. There was one location in particular that matched every detail very well. I mailed all sets of five location photos to him and he quickly replied that one location, the same one that I favoured, was the correct one. There "is no doubt in his mind" he replied. He added information to the photos such as the trajectory of the UFO, the location where the aliens stood, etc. The graphics depicting what Kevin witnessed are of the actual locations. We hope that these along with the artwork add to the realism of Kevin's account.

This article has been a long time in the making and I have got to know Kevin over the years. He is a very honest, sincere and reserved individual. Not at all the type looking for attention. I have no reason not to believe his entire story. I would like to thank him for his patience and understanding for the time it took me to put this presentation together.

I would also like to thank Gord Heath, Paddy D. and Jim G. for their help with the artwork and illustration graphics.


Kevin's Account

In August or September 1987 (later determined to be Wednesday September 2, 1987), I left Ross River (where I lived) and headed up the North Canol Road by myself on my motor bike for moose (hunting). (Maps of the area)

I was planning on spending 3 days in the area between Sheldon Lake and Macpass. A guy I worked with and a friend of his were to leave a day later and I was to meet them for some fishing. We were all to stay at a trailer at Dewhurst Creek.

I left Ross River early in the morning and the temperature started to drop. Then it started to rain very hard and very cold. When I got to Gravel Creek, I stopped at Art John's Cabin and put on extra clothes while standing under the edge of his roof. I knew the rain would not stop, so I got back on my bike and headed off.

I arrived at the trailer ½ hour before dark, very cold and very tired. I lit up a fire, cooked supper and went straight to bed looking forward to the morning hunt. Over night the rain had stopped.

At daybreak (September 3, 1987) I put my gear and my gun on my bike and headed towards Macpass. A couple of miles down the road, I was putting along at about 10 mph looking into the trees and watching the hillsides. I decided to stop for a pee.

I stopped where I could see some mountainsides and some valleys. I parked on the right side of the road. The sun was shining; the air was perfectly still and a bit cool.

I was standing just in front of my bike watching the mountains to the south, when I noticed to the left out of the corner of my eye, what I first thought was an airplane. It was 400 to 500 yards away and about the size of a DC-3 plane or a full-size school bus.

It was travelling north to south, at about 40 yards above ground and moving maybe 30 km/h. Right away I thought "boy is he low". I blinked my eyes because I couldn't make out any tail fin or wings.

It had what looked like portholes all along the side of it. It was cigar shaped with a grey strip down the middle and a dark green on top and bottom.

I thought to myself, "something's wrong with this picture", then I realised there was no sound! If it was an airplane, the roar would have filled the valley.

As I watched, it seemed to partially dematerialize and then return to solid form, it did this as it was moving, a couple of times. Then it dawned on me, oh, oh, I don't think I should be seeing this; it's a UFO and probably doesn't want to be seen!

I crouched down on the road, hiding behind the roadside grass.

I then watched it go behind a cone-shaped hill and not come out. I stood up looking for it and feeling very excited and happy about what I saw and thinking they didn't even know they were being watched.

I was standing beside my bike when I heard a loud metallic clunk behind me around the corner.

Right away I thought, somebody must be here and I've got to tell them what I saw. The noise I heard sounded like a heavy trunk lid on a car slamming shut.

I quickly walked along the edge of the road to the corner to see who was there.

I came face to face (about 20 yards) with 2 grey creatures in blue jump suits, about 5 ft. tall with big insect looking heads, pointy faces, big eyes, thin arms, body and legs. I immediately thought "they're not little green men*, they're grasshopper people".

*(before this, all I knew about aliens was that they were supposed to be little green men.)

At that same instant, the one on the left raised his left hand to his waist, which held some type of flashlight device and I saw a bright flash of light come from it.

I instantly felt paralyzed and was convinced time had stopped, everything was black, no sound. I tried to yell "No!" but all that came out was a distorted grunt.

Next thing I knew I was standing on the side of the road scared, shaking and confused.

Within seconds I remembered all of this that had just taken place and I thought, "I'm getting out of here before they get me again." I turned around to get my bike and for some reason it was not there, then I noticed it was on the other side of the road. I said to myself, "what the hell is this? I didn't put it there". Still panicking I rushed over and got on it and realized the keys were gone.

I always left the keys in it, that way I could not lose them while sneaking around in the bush. I immediately started looking down the road and suddenly saw them in my hand. I started my bike and raced back to the trailer.

I was feeling scared and amazed at the same time and then noticed that all the shadows of the trees were pointing in a different direction than that of the morning sun. About 15 minutes later I was at the trailer. Half an hour later it was dark. I thought "no way, I only left here an hour ago, what's going on?"

I was really confused then, I said to myself, "I'm not telling anybody about this, I'll just forget the whole thing".

I put on a pot of coffee and could then hear a soft humming sound above the trailer. I could also feel a soft vibration in everything (trailer, air, etc.). After about 10 minutes it had all stopped. I had a very strong feeling that they were outside. I did not look out the windows.

Later that night I still couldn't sleep and while having my coffee I began to have flashbacks of the past events. I remember being in a dream-like state watching scenery flash by underneath as if I was flying. I watched mountains and rivers and forests go by at a very high rate of speed.

I then became aware of other sounds and seemed to wake up. I opened my eyes and could see nothing but black, very deep and inky black. As I was looking at this, the blackness pulled back, revealing a face, I had been looking into the eyes of a grey type creature. I could hear in my mind a voice saying "there is nothing to worry about". I could hear him talking in my mind.

There were 3 or 4 of these types walking around, but only one talked to me. The two I saw earlier on the road, I never saw again. (Note: the aliens that he saw at this point were of the typical "grey type" while the ones at the edge of the road were more insectoid.)

I then sat up and had an idea of what might be going on and I asked, "Are you going to do experiments on me?" and the one said, "They've already been done." I felt really good then because, except for a strange sensation in my hands everything felt normal. I kept rubbing my hands together but did not look at them, as there was a totally strange environment to look at instead. I experienced no discomfort.

The being nearest me asked if I would like to see my home planet and I said sure. I then walked over to the window, where there was a machine that looked like a big copy machine. He asked me not to touch it, I replied "Don't worry, I'm not touching anything in here".

He then said, that bright white star is your home. I didn't know anything about astronomy at the time, but I always thought earth was blue, so right away I thought he's lying. He also explained to me about space and stars etc. but I can't remember any of it now.

I was also asked if I would like to go on a trip. I replied "Not yet", I felt very honoured to be asked and I did want to go, but felt that the time was not right.

Then I was told I would have to forget all of this. I was disappointed at hearing this. The first part of the experience was very scary, but once I was with them, I found them to be friendly, helpful and their looks didn't bother me. They actually seemed like old friends.

They gave me a clear glass, ¾ full with a yellow liquid and said to drink it up, it would make me forget everything. I told them, I did not want to forget an experience like this. It should be remembered! I was told it was for my own good that I forget. So I took 3 little sips and put the glass down.

Next thing I know, I'm on the road by my bike, scared to death and wanting to get out of there.

The next day I met up with the other two guys and never said anything to them.

Additional Notes

1) When the being shot me with the flashlight device, I experienced what they call "the cone of silence". It seemed like time stood still and nothing existed but me, like I was pulled from reality. It was the most absolute quiet ever imagined. I was really scared and tried to yell "No!", but all that came out was a gnarly growl. Everything went dark and I had the sensation of hurtling skyward at a terrific speed. I also felt that I was being stretched, as if my feet were on the ground and my upper body was 20 feet above. My whole body shooting skyward.

2) When I was watching the UFO move slowly in front of me, I thought, I better get a picture of this. My camera was just inside my jacket in my shirt pocket and was very quick and easy to get at. A sort of calming feeling came over me and I felt like, "It's no big deal", "don't worry about it", "I don't have to have a picture".

Afterwards I thought, what bizarre behaviour. I kept 2 cameras on the go all the time and I was always on the lookout for photo opportunities. To think a U.F.O. photo is not important is insane.

3) While driving from Ross River to the trailer, I had a feeling that something unusual might happen, but never expected this.

4) Before this incident happened, I had no interest or knowledge about any of this. So one day I decided to write everything down that I could think of. (This original write-up has been misplaced) Afterwards I bought a couple of books on UFOs etc. and after reading them, realized that I'm not the only one, and that my experiences are not all just me.

5) Although I wanted to tell people about this, I was very reluctant to tell this story. Since it happened, I have told it to less than 10 people. Every time I tell someone, I feel like I just broke a promise I made to them that I wouldn't tell anybody. This feeling may just be me or it may be programmed into me to keep me quiet. I don't know.

I decided to tell it as more of an awareness thing. I'm sure other people have had experiences but are held back.

6) When I got back to Ross River, I was thinking about the sensation in my hands when I sat up on the bed. (with the beings). I looked down at my palms and was startled to see a scoop mark in the palm of each hand. I had not seen these before. Over the next couple of years, I asked two doctors and four nurses if they knew what this was and they all said no, they had never seen anything like it before.

In September 2000, I asked my doctor about it and he said yes he knows of it and he told me the name of it (can't remember it now).

But they had no idea what causes it. Coincidence? I don't know.

I still have them.

Case ID: 100 edit: 100

FAIR USE NOTICE: This page may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This website distributes this material without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for scientific, research and educational purposes. We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in 17 U.S.C § 107.